This recipe was adapted from Wellness Mama.
- 1 pound ground meat (beef, turkey, chicken, venison, etc.)
- 1 small head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, & thyme
Brown the beef in a large skillet. Drain grease. Add spices, carrots, and onions. Cook on medium-low until the carrots and onions begin to soften. Add cabbage. Cook 10 more minutes, stirring often until cabbage starts to soften.
- For a Mexican flair, add cumin, chili powder, and salsa.
- Top with salsa and/or sour cream if you’re into that kind of thing and your diet permits.