1 Tbsp light olive oil
1/4 c onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 wedge of parmesan cheese, shredded or crumbed in blender/Vitamix
1/2 tub of ricotta cheese
1 package of rice noodles
1 cluster of broccoli, chopped
1 cup fresh baby spinach
2-3 chicken breasts, shredded
1 Tbsp arrowroot
pinch of Italian seasoning
pinch of cumin
salt & pepper
1. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until begins to brown.
2. Add heavy whipping cream, parmesan (save a little for top of casserole), arrowroot, Italian seasoning, cumin, salt, & pepper. Bring to boil, stirring frequently to keep from burning to bottom of pan. Turn down to medium-low heat as soon as it comes to a boil. Simmer until thickened and then add ricotta cheese.
3. Meanwhile, prepare cooked, shredded chicken. I like to cut breasts in half and then boil them until cooked. Next, I use a hand mixer to shred the breasts.
4. Boil noodles according to package directions.
5. Layer sauce, noodles, broccoli, chicken, and spinach in a 13 x 9 casserole dish, alternating layers of ingredients as you wish. Sprinkle leftover parmesan cheese on top.
6. Cover dish in aluminum foil and cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.